Character loss on an ARK gameserver
Here you will learn what to do when you have lost your character.
Where to do?
Losing your character is an unfortunate event that can happen from time to time when playing ARK. Below are a couple of methods to help you continue playing in the best way possible.
Restore a Backup
Nitrado is unable to take any further actions when there is a loss of character. However, our system makes backups in order to battle this event. You can try reverting a server backup if this recently started occurring.
How to restore a server backup:
- Log into your Web Interface.
- Click "Tools" on the left-side panel.
- Click "Restore Backup" and your backup page will load.
- Pick out the backup that you wish to restore to under "Server Backups".
- Note: A map save restore will not restore character data.
- Click on the "Restore" button to restore your server to the save selected.
Use Admin Commands
We can suggest using admin commands to return your levels and belongings. Here you will find some helpful commands that will help you through adding experience, getting back to your tribe or spawning items: