Changing the Seed of your PixARK Game Server
Rent your own prepaid PixARK server today at nitrado.net
Hello, here you will learn how to change the seed of your PixARK game server!
Where to Start?
- Access your game servers web interface
- Stop Server(Recommended)
- Set up your new seed
- Delete save(If Needed)
- Start the Server
Always remember to save your changes.
Things to know about general behavior:
- If no map exists=
- The map will be generated using the seed defined on the web interface - if no seed is defined one will be generated randomly
- If a map exists=
- Nothing happens, the seed only takes effect while generating a new world
If you have an existing map you will need to delete the save. (Below)
For instructions on making a backup you can go here:
Setting The Seed
- Navigate to your Nitrado Web Interface
- Go to your "Settings>General"
- Scroll to "Map", here you will enter your World-Name name and Seed Number
- Enter your Map Name
- WORLD-NAME= Defines the name of the world. All spaces should be replaced with underscores ( _ ) to prevent the save from resetting
- WORLD SEED= Defines the map-seed. If the value is '0', the server generates a new seed. This option only takes effect if a new world is generated.
NOTE: Value must be below 9000
- Save Changes
- Restart your server and the new seed will be applied.
Deleteing Your Save
When you delete the save and restart the server it will bring back the save but will also apply a new one. Here is how to delete the save:
- Navigate the following path:
- Delete the existing save
- Follow "Settings the Seed"] below to set the seed of your server
- When started/Restarted the server apply the saves
Finding a Specific World Seed
The steps below will help you find a specific seed for generating a new world:
- Open your PixARK game.
- Goto "Local".
- Click "Creator Mode".
- Select or Create a new character and click "Load".
- You can click an existing map, or Generate a world that you would like to play on.
Repeat this process until there is a world you like
*Use the admin command "ShowCubeSeed" to show the seed of the world.
*We suggest writing down the seeds that you like