XML - Changing Loot Quantity in DayZ
Rent your own prepaid DayZ server for PC, PS4 or Xbox today at Nitrado.net
Hello, do you want more soda? Do you want more baked beans?
Here you will learn how to change the loot quantity of your DayZ server.
Where to Start?
To edit the amount of a select item that spawns on the map, you need to open up the "types.xml" file.
- Navigate to your Nitrado Web Interface
- Now from the dashboard, on the left-hand side, go to
Tools > Filebrowserand you will see the server settings.
- You will need to open the following folders:
dayz**_missions > dayzOffline.chernarusplus > db
- Now click on and open your "types.xml"
- Once inside the file, you will notice various items within the game. Items will be listed alphabetically.
- Making changes to these values will have different effects. Here is a basis of what each line of an item does:
|nominal||How many of this item that can be on the map.|
|lifetime||The lifetime of an item once it is spawned. (Time in seconds)|
|restock||The amount of time that will need to pass before an item is allowed to spawn again.|
|min||The minimum amount of an item that will spawn on the map.|
|quantmin||Dictates the minimum quantity of consumable within the item. Value=(-1.0%(empty) - 100.0%(full)) This is how many bullets are in an Ammo box, or how much water is in a bottle)|
|quantmax||Dictates the maximum quantity of consumable within the item. Value=(-1.0%(empty) - 100.0%(full) This is how many bullets are in an Ammo box, or how much water is in a bottle)|
|Cost||Determines the spawn chance of an item.|
|Category||The category of an item. Effects on how and where the item spawns. (Weapons, Tools, Containers, Clothes, ect.)|
|Useage||The group in which area an item will spawn. (Farm, Industrial, Medic, Hunting, ect.)|
|Value||The value group of an item. Effects on how and where the item spawns. (Tier1, Tier2, Tier3, ect.)|
Editing the Quantity of an Item
Here we will make a couple of simple changes to values within the Types.xml as an example.
Note: The values needed are a player preference. You may need to play with the nominal value to get what you desire. Support does not offer help with the configuration of these settings.
- Stop your gameserver, and wait for 3-5 minutes.
- Follow the first steps to access your "Types.xml" file.
- Find the item you would like to edit. (Using Rice as an example)
- We will be increasing the "nominal" value significantly to have more rice spawn on the map.
- We will also increase the "quantmin" value to 99, so we can be sure to always get a full bag.
- Save your changes when done with editing.
- Start your server to apply the changes.