Upload own maps at ARK: Survival Evolved
Rent your own prepaid ARK: Survival Evolved server on nitrado.net
This article explains how to upload Steam Workshop maps to a Nitrado hosted ARK: Survival Evolved Gameserver. The listed maps are available in the official Steam Workshop of ARK: Survival Evolved.
The following steps are necessary to use own maps in ARK: Survival Evolved:
- Start Steam
- Open this URL in your web browser steam://url/GameHub/346110 (steam will be started automatically)
- Alternate URL in case the first one doesn't work: http://steamcommunity.com/app/346110/workshop/
- Select the desired map in the Steam Workshop and download it by clicking on the green 'Subscribe' button.
- The map will now be downloaded. The download progress is shown as a thin bar at center bottom area of Steam. To force the download ARK: Survival Evolved has to be started once.
- After the download completed, the obtained files have to be uploaded to the Gameserver. In order to to so, the ARK: Survival Evolved directory has to be opened. This directory will be
\Steam\steamapps\common\ARK\ShooterGame\Content\Modsby default. The folder
Modscontains every map in a custom folder named after the mod ID (a sequence of numbers). The map "Apako Islands v0.751 Alpha", which is used in this example would have "469987622" as an ID number. That means that the corresponding folder would also be named "469987622". Next, the folder "469987622" with the contained file "469987622.mod" have to be uploaded to the Gameserver's
/arkse/ShooterGame/Content/Modsfolder via FTP.
- The desired map has to be set in the "Settings" section of the server's Webinterface after the upload is complete.
- By clicking on "Save changes" the performed changes will be saved and preserved.
- The Gameserver can now be restarted. After the restart, the selected map is loaded and ready for action. Please note that every client needs to subscribe to the used Workshop content to be able to play on the server.
Below is a list of available maps and their respective mod ID.
|Apako Islands v0.751 Alpha||469987622|
|Jurassic ARK Isla Nublar Site A||478760342|
|The Dino Arena (v2)||459186056|
|The Lost World||478227612|
|Twin Peaks V5 dino (WIP)||461038107|
|Volcano Island (Modding Template / DEMO MAP)||460119093|