Space Engineers crossplay
Rent your own prepaid Space Engineers Gameserver now at nitrado.net
Here you will learn everything about on how to activate and have a crossplay enabled (Xbox & Steam) Space Engineers gameserver.
Rent a server
Activating crossplay on your gameserver
Every Xbox Space Engineers server has the crossplay option active by default.
To activate the crossplay option on a Steam Space Engineers server you will need to follow these steps:
- Navigate to your Nitrado web interface
- Go to
Settings -> General
- Activate the Cross play option under Base settings
- Rename your world (choose a name that does not already exist or delete the world & LastSession.sbl from "Saves/")
- Make sure to select a crossplay compatible scenario
- Save those settings
- Hit "restart" or "start" if you stopped the server before
- In Crossplay-Mode only mods that does not execute scripts at the user can be loaded.
- Further only a maximum of 3 planets is allowed, if you have more you need to make a new world (rename the world to a non existing one).
You can also enable the crossplay by manually changing the SpaceEngineers-Dedicated.cfg by adding these lines:
But be sure your world and mods fulfill the criteria from above (max 3 Planets, no user scripts), otherwise make a new world.
Connecting from Steam to an Xbox Space Engineers gameserver
For you to connect to an Xbox Space Engineers you will need to follow these steps:
- Click the EOS filter in the name search bar.
- Type the Server Name in the text box.
- Click the option Join World.