Restoring the Save Game of ARK Survival Evolved
Rent now your own prepaid ARK: Survival Evolved Server at nitrado.net
Here we will learn how to restore a backup of your Nitrado.net game server. Our servers will automatically create a backup for your game. There are three different types of backups, below I will list these backups.
This is how the backups page looks. As you may notice there are three different types:
|Game Internal backups||Game internal backups are made throughout the day. These backups simply contain the savegame. Making it easy to roll your save game back a few hours rather than a whole day.|
|Server Backups||Server backups are daily incremental backups of your server made once per day. These backups will restore the entire server back to a specific point. Including the configurations.|
|Database Backups||These backups are self titled. They are simply backup the database for your server. (Useful for games like Arma and CS:GO)|
- If you would like to undo something you did in-game.
- Use the "Game internal" backups to simply roll your savegame back to before you made the changes.
- "Help my server wiped after it restarted!"
- First use the "Game internal" backups to simply roll your savegame back to before your restart.
- Something happened on the server and I want to go a couple days back.
- Use the "Server Backups" to fully restore your server to a specific date.
- My characters are here but my world is gone!
- Use the "Game internal" backups to restore your world save back to the time you last played.
How to Restore a Backup for a game
If you ever wish to restore a backup for your server, please do the following:
- Log into your Web Interface.
- Click "Tools" on the left-side panel.
- Click "Restore Backup" and your backup page will load.
- Pick out the backup that you wish to restore to.
- Click on the "Restore" button to restore your server to the save selected.
Your server will restart and the backup will be applied. The server will load your data automatically.