Installing a Mod to a Conan Exiles server
Rent your own prepaid Nitrado Game Server today at nitrado.net
This article explains how to easily install and use Steam Workshop mods on an Conan Exiles Gameserver. All available mods are listed on the official Steam Workshop website.
The following steps are necessary to install modifications:
- Open the following URL in your web browser to access the Steam Workshop: Conan Workshop (The Steam program will be opened automatically)
- Now browse the Workshop to find the desired mod, there is a search bar on the top right corner of the website to shorten your search.
- Copy the mod's ID from the Workshop page's URL:
- This can also be found in the Description of some mods.
- Under "Settings" on your web interface select Mods + Workshop
- Add the mod ID to your server's settings like this:
Note that multiple mods are separated by a comma without a whitespace between them.
- Save Changes
- Restart the server to enable your new mod(s). Players connecting to the server will automatically download and install any necessary mods.
All added mods will be downloaded by our system automatically, there is no need to upload any files to the server.
Find missing modifications
Since Conan Exiles currently does not offer an automated installation of the modifications, it is necessary to install the mods individually, client side.
If this is not the case, the following message appears during the connection attempt:
This is missing on the client side. The Steam Workshop ID of the missing mods is specified in the error message.
- Open Steam Workshop
- Search for modification by name / ID
- In the workshop, select the desired mod. By clicking the green Subscribe button.
- The mod is now downloaded locally. This can be seen in the lower part of Steam. In order to force the download, the game has to be started once
- Clicking on this display you can see the detailed view:
- After the download is complete, the game can be started