Installation of Valhalla for ARK: Survival Evolved
Rent now your own prepaid ARK: Survival Evolved Server at nitrado.net
Valhalla is a mod for ARK: Survival Evolved. Installing mods is very easy using Nitrado's web interface, however, there are some situations you should consider before installing mods on your server.
Mods alter game code in varied and unpredictable ways. Some mods even compete to alter these settings, sometimes leading to read or write errors that can cause the server to crash. Sometimes these errors are not immediately noticeable and their manifestation can occur days or even weeks after their correct installation.
Since mods are not updated in sync with game updates, many times the server starts after being updated to find a bunch of outdated mods. This event can result in the corruption or total loss of information on your server.
The technical support team will not be able to help you recover your data from your server in the event that a modified installation culminates in information corruption.
Also, it's important to keep in mind that mods often negatively impact server performance. A RAM upgrade won't help you in this case as those upgrades only work for Minecraft, Battlefield, and Farm Simulator.
Now that you understand the risks, let's install Valhalla.
- Login to your Nitrado.net account
- Navigate to the web interface of your server
- Stop your server and wait at least 5 minutes
- Enter the "Game Switch" section
- Select "Uninstall" (IMPORTANT: This will erase all your game progress and settings) It is important not to press the "Reinstall" button
- When uninstall is done, press "Install"
- Enter your server to verify that it has been installed correctly
- Stop the server
- Upload the Valhalla mod folder via FTP using this guide: FTP FileZilla
- Enter the ID of the mod in the Mods + Workshop section
- Save changes and restart the server
The server may restart a few times before it is fully up.
Please note that when updating the Map Valhalla, the entire Mod folder must be uploaded to the server via FTP, otherwise the server will not start.
From now on, all mods must be uploaded and updated via FTP.