Install mods on an ARK: Survival Evolved server
Rent your own prepaid ARK: Survival Evolved server on nitrado.net
This article explains how to easily install and use Steam Workshop mods on an ARK: Survival Evolved Gameserver. All available mods are listed on the official Steam Workshop website.
The following steps are necessary to install modifications:
- Open the following URL in your web browser to access the Steam Workshop: steam://url/GameHub/346110 (The Steam program will be opened automatically)
- To open the Workshop in the web browser and not use Steam directly, use this URL: http://steamcommunity.com/app/346110/workshop/
- Now browse the Workshop to find the desired mod, there is a search bar on the top right corner of the website to shorten your search.
- Copy the mod's ID from the Workshop page's URL:
- Add the mod ID to "Settings" -> "Mods + Workshop" like this:
Note that multiple mods are separated by a comma without a whitespace between them.
- Restart the server to enable your new mod(s). Players connecting to the server will automatically download and install any necessary mods.
All added mods will be downloaded by our system automatically, there is no need to upload any files to the server.
With Expert Mode, you can have the server manage and do all of the Auto Installs for your mods (As above), but you must also make sure
the server's GameUserSettings.ini has been set up to turn the mods on as well. Here, you can see an example of this below: