This is a general information and are not recommended for legal assessments!
Service For your request to a lawyer or an advice center.
What is Legal ?
An imprint is in print media (books, magazines,...) and in online publications (website, forum,...) an identification of the publisher (Publisher, Editor, owner,...).
§5 and §6 Teleservices Act (TMG)
legislative text: click here
Who must specify an imprint?
Provider businesslike, usually paid offered Telemedia 'fall' including:
- Webmaster who finance your Snapping by advertising (Google, AdSense,...)
- Service providers
- Links to commercial websites
Who must indicate no imprint?
- Content are password protected and the password is only shared with friends and relatives
- Content from the closest personal lives, in which a legitimate interest of third parties does not exist on the identity of the website operator concerned , are (descriptions that report negative experiences with companies that could be harmful; this could possibly be interested in the identity when want to act against unjustified criticism from their perspective)
- If the recording of the website is contradicted by search engines in metatags or in a robots.txt file and the content comes from the personal area
What does an imprint ?
- First and Last Name
- If owner = > Home Address | In business person = > Business address
No mailbox !
- E-mail address
- Phone - no foreign phone number Hotel (or a second immediate and effective means of communication!) => Bsp. inquiry template
Example : Contacts
This is an example of the imprint, at a commercial website.
Griesbachstr. 10 | D - 76185 Karlsruhe
Commercial Register: Amtsgericht Mannheim, HRB 713868
Director: Marco Balle , Marcel Bößendörfer
</ Blockquote >
This is an example of the imprint, at a private website:
Musterstraße 12 | 12345 Musterhausen
Email: [email protected]
</ blockquote >
What else to consider?
It should be noted that a link to the imprint on each page of the website offered easily identifiable, directly accessible and constantly has to be available. Normally, a link to the imprint is in good hands in the footer of each page.
Note should also be that the font size, font and color must be easily legible.
- This article applies only to laws of the Federal Republic of Germany. Optionally other laws apply to other countries.
The legal situation is complicated, rather an imprint, as a warning. Information at your address can be found one way or another, at a .de domain, under Denic.