How to upload a map in Minecraft
In order to upload your own map to your Minecraft server you'd first need a FTP program like Filezilla for instance.
The first step would be to obtain your Minecraft map, if you've downloaded a map from the web, you can skip these steps.
Upload the map
- Open up the command execution dialogue by pressing the Windows button and R simultaneously.
- Enter "%appdata%" (without the quotes) and press enter.
- Got to your .minecraft folder, if you are using a modpack launcher the folder may be labeled .technic or .atlauncher.
- Enter the folder called saves.
- This folder contains your created worlds as folders.
If you are using a downloaded map, make sure that it isn't archived (.rar, .zip) and if it is, simply unpack it. After you are don with this preperations, it's time to upload your world.
- Open up a FTP connection to your server (you can find the credentials in your Gameserver's Webinterface)
- Navigate to the minecraft folder, if you are running a modpack, this folder may be named minecrafttechnic, minecraftftb or similar.
- Simply drag the world folder into the directory and wait till the upload is finished
Configure the server
The final step would be to tell the server which world it should use.
- Open the file server.properties either via FTP or your Gameserver's Webinterface.
- Search for the line containing
- Replace the value (everything after the equals mark) with your uploaded folder's name
- Restart the server
You are now running your own uploaded map.