How to change a server's location
Rent your own server at nitrado.net
In this Article we will show you how to change your server's location
Selecting Your server's Location
As you know, you can select your prefered location in all our data centers distributed in America, Europe and Asia when making a purchase, however if you or your community require the server to be moved you can follow these simple steps to do it:
- Login to your Nitrado.net account
- Navigate to the My Services section
Note: It is very important to have your server stopped before changing the slots, otherwise your server will enter into a loop and the slots will not be modified
- Select the service you want to modify and click on the gray area to reveal the Options menu.
- Select the option Change slots, runtime, or Location
- Now scroll down a bit until you find the Hosting Location option, this will open a dropdown list where you will be able to select one of the available locations to host this game
Note: be mindful that some games might not be available on all locations due to different reasons, if the location you want is not available please contact support.
- Once you have selected your desired location, click on the Change button
- The website will ask you to confirm this change and proceed with the adjustment fee
- Then set the rental period if you would like more than 30 days. When upgrading slots on a server you must renew the rental period as well.
- After making changes you can select the "Continue" button to confirm the order.
If the order looks correct on the screen go ahead and select "Switch now". Your slots will be available and your server will update accordingly. This is how you change your slots and rental period with Nitrado.
- After a couple of minutes the server will restart with the updated runtime and location selected from your order