3.How to use your server's FTP
(Redirected from FTP - Filezilla)
Hello! Here, you will learn how to use our FTP. Video and instructions will be provided. We have put this page together to provide further information about the use of the FTP here at Nitrado.
What is it used for?
- FTP is used for accessing your server files directly. This is useful in many cases. Intended for advanced users, you can change settings, create local backups and add mod files manually to the server. This is mostly used for games like Minecraft and Arma.
- When using the FTP you are accessing your server files directly. Typically, this is done through a third party client such as FileZilla. We choose FileZilla because it is easy to use.
- You can find a download for FileZilla: Here
- Once you have the client installed you will need your server FTP credentials in order to log in.
- The categories will co-represent the credentials needed to access your FTP.
- Once inside, you will notice It looks a lot like a file browser. Similar, but different, in the FTP you have more power. You can change, delete, or add files and folders.
- Before logging into your FTP remember to stop your server completely. We recommend stopping your server and waiting up to 5 minutes to be sure it is completely shut down. This precaution is to be sure that no files are corrupted or damaged. We urge you to be careful with contents inside the FTP. Do not delete, move, or copy anything that you do not know what it is. Most gaming platforms are very fickle and can be broken easily.
- To make a local backup with FTP you will need to locate your savegame and copy it to your local site. This useful technique is explained: [ here]
- Another step by step instruction for using the FTP: Here