FAQ - ARK Console Servers
Rent now your own prepaid ARK: Survival Evolved Server at nitrado.net
- 1 Frecuent Asked Questions
- 1.1 What are the advantages of renting a server with Nitrado?
- 1.2 What are the prices for the console servers?
- 1.3 Do I have to buy the hardware performance upgrade?
- 1.4 Why is the minimum 10 Slots?
- 1.5 What configuration options are available?
- 1.6 Where is my server hosted?
- 1.7 Do I need to keep my console on?
- 1.8 Can I do CrossARK?
- 1.9 Can I rent a server now and change the map in the future?
- 1.10 Can I transfer my data from an official server to a dedicated console server?
- 1.11 Can I play with my PC friends while on my console server?
- 1.12 Can mods be used?
- 1.13 Can I use the Nitrado website on my console?
- 1.14 Can I have multiple admins on my server?
- 1.15 Do I need a PC to use my Nitrado server?
- 1.16 Can I use a Cloud Server to host an ARK server for the consoles?
- 1.17 Are there backups for my server?
- 1.18 How can I prevent people from downloading their profiles and dinos to my server?
Frecuent Asked Questions
What are the advantages of renting a server with Nitrado?
Total control! With Nitrado you have the ability to edit the server configuration through our friendly Web Interface without the need to navigate through complicated configuration files.
- Full support for CrossArk
- Regular and easy to restore backups
- Zero "tethering" to the player who rents the server
- The best and most reliable hardware available, offering the best possible performance for a console server
- Reliable, highly trained, and friendly customer support in seven different languages
What are the prices for the console servers?
The prices for PS4 are exactly the same as for PC. Servers start at $ 13.00 USD for 10 Slots for 30 days. You can check our price list in your national currency here
Prices for Xbox are $ 13.99 USD for 10 slots and 30 days. You can follow this guide to rent your Xbox server: here
Do I have to buy the hardware performance upgrade?
No, the hardware upgrade only applies to some games (Minecraft and Battlefield). Our ARK servers already come with all the necessary resources by default!
Why is the minimum 10 Slots?
Compared to other games, ARK uses a large amount of resources regardless of the number of players entering the server, so more computational power must be allocated. We do not charge you for this increase in resource consumption but the minimum is set at 10 slots.
What configuration options are available?
Subject to some exceptions, the configuration options for consoles are the same as for PCs. Although mods are not available for the console servers.
Where is my server hosted?
Our servers are hosted on high-end hardware in one of our seven locations. You can choose the one that is closest to you when placing your order.
The Data Centers available to install ARK servers for consoles are:
- Germany (Frankfurt)
- United Kingdom, London)
- United States (Los Angeles)
- United States (Miami)
- United States (New York)
Do I need to keep my console on?
No, the server is on Nitrado hardware. You only need your preferred device (PC, Cell phone, or Console) to connect to the Nitrado Web Interface.
Can I do CrossARK?
Yes! You only need two or more servers and link them through the web interface. Clusters need to be in the same location, can be on different Nitrado accounts and they will still work.
Can I rent a server now and change the map in the future?
Of course yes! You can change the map anytime you want, with one click and at no cost.
Can I transfer my data from an official server to a dedicated console server?
Currently, only data from legacy servers that have been erased can be transferred.
Can I play with my PC friends while on my console server?
Sure, Studio Wildcard released the PlayAnywhere tool for Xbox One and PC, which allows players on both platforms to play with each other. IMPORTANT, this only works between the Windows 10 version of the game and Xbox.
Can mods be used?
Only the game mode Primitive + is available, it is not a mod.
Can I use the Nitrado website on my console?
Yes, our website is optimized for consoles and mobile devices.
Can I have multiple admins on my server?
Yes! We have a guest access feature where you can add your friend's Nitrado account to give them access to your server as administrators. You can assign them specific permissions for when you can't keep up with your server. This guide will help you to add them here
Do I need a PC to use my Nitrado server?
No! Our website is optimized to be used from your console or your mobile phone! You can get your server from scratch on your mobile phone using our website or our app for iOS and Android.
Can I use a Cloud Server to host an ARK server for the consoles?
No, unfortunately, this is impossible.
Are there backups for my server?
Yes. The game creates a savegame backup every 2 to 3 hours that can be easily restored with the "Start from backup" option in the Web Interface settings. Nitrado also creates a backup of your entire server every day.
How can I prevent people from downloading their profiles and dinos to my server?
The server needs to start with the command -NoTrasferFromFiltering. Here at Nitrado, this command is applied to when you enable CrossARK in your server, even if your server is not clustered with more servers, activating this will prevent players from downloading their local data and creating chaos in your server.