Enable HTTPS for Domains
This step by step guide explains how to enable the HTTPS protocol for a domain connected to a Nitrado web space.
The following list is required for this manual.
- A Nitrado account with a domain
- A Nitrado web space with the domain connected
- For information how to connect the domain see: Domain Forwarding
- Login to your account on Nitrado.net.
- Now navigate to 'My Services' »» Web space » Click on the web interface login
- In the web interface you find all available options on the left side.
- Click on Domains » Then Settings
- All domains of the web space are listed under the settings of the domains . Click on the button to edit the settings for the domain. (links next to the text "Is assigned domain)
- On the following page, all domain specific settings will be listed.
Step 2: Select Certificate
- On the opened configuration page there are 2 more options besides the option to use no SSL certificate:
- If a Let's Encrypt certificate is to be issued by Nitrado, the option Let's Encrypt should be selected:
- Once the email address has been entered you can click on one of the Save buttons.
- In the background, if the domain is correctly configured with the web space, a certificate will be issued within 5 minutes.
Using Your Own certificate
- If you have your own certificate, you have to choose the option "Use my own certificate":
- As soon as your own certificate and the private key have been entered, you can click on one of the Save buttons.
- The certificate and the private key are immediately checked for validity and if valid on the web space secure deposited.
Please Note: Certificates may need a few minutes to get active on the website.