Become admin in Terraria
This tutorial only applies to tShock servers(not Vanilla!).
To become admin on a server you need to do the following:
- Open you Webinterface
- Open your File Browser
- Open the file "authcode.txt" located in /terraria/tshock
- If the AuthCode is already used, see below.
- Open Terraria and connect to the server.
- Open your chat and type:
/auth YOUR_AUTHCODE ; e.g. /auth 8090310
- This will bind your IP-adress and player name together as superadmin.
- To be the superadmin permanently you need to use the following command:
/user add PLAYERNAME PASSWORD superadmin ; e.g. /user add Nitrado abc123 superadmin
- Now you need to login with:
/login PLAYERNAME PASSWORD
- Then just one more command and you can always login as superadmin:
My authcode has already been used?!?
If your authcode is already in use you need to:
- Open your Webinterface
- Open your Filebrowser
- Delete the file auth.lck in your /terraria/tshock
- Restart your server
- Open the file authcode.txt in your /terraria/tshock
- The new code is now ready to use ingame. Refer to the guide above.
If you can't find neither "auth.lck" nor "authcode.txt" you have to reinstall the server.
How do I become admin in Vanilla?
Sadly, this is not possible.