Become Admin In Rust
Rent a prepaid Rust Gameserver now at nitrado.net
These instructions apply to the experimental / official version of Rust.
Administrators can be entered in two ways:
- Through a RCON tool
- Through a configuration file
The following is an explanation of both methods.
First you have to connect to your server using a | RCON Tool like RustAdmin. Once logged in, run the following commands:
ownerid 76561234567891011 YourNameHere Owner
- ownerid: command
- 76561234567891011: user's SteamID64
- YourNameHere: user name
- Owner: it can be anything you want, a short description is usually helpful here
Then you need to run the following command, since the previously entered administrators will only be kept until the next server restart:
This saves the entered administrators to a file on the server. (The same file as in the next section)
Connect to your server with an FTP tool and open the following path or file:
If the file doesn't exist, you can just create it. Make sure the file has the extension ".cfg". In the file, add the first or other line in the following format:
ownerid 76561234567891011 "YourNameHere"
- If the user is on the server at the time of modification, they must log out of the server and then log back in. Only then do administrator rights work.
- You can check the steamID64 for example using the following tool: Steam ID Finder