7.How to Restore a Local Backup of your Gameserver
Hello! Here, we will go over how to Restore a Local Backup for your game server.
Restoring your Backup
You will need to have learned how to use the FTP and how to create a local backup if you have not the links will be provided for you here:
Please note: Some single player save games and save games from old patches may not work. This page uses ARK: SE as an example but the concept applies generally across various games.
Where do you start?
- We will start by accessing the web interface of our server. The first thing we need to do is to stop the server completely. This entails pressing the “stop server” button and waiting 3 to 5 minutes.
- Connect to the FTP of your server via FileZilla.
- Now that your server is stopped and we are connected to FileZilla we will need to navigate the remote side to find our game save folder. (In this example we are using ARK: Survival Evolved.)
- Rename the folder by adding “underscore Old” at the end of the name.
- Once the folder has been renamed we can now navigate the local side and drag the local backup to the remote side from the local side.
- Allow for all files to finish uploading completely
- Be sure that the local backup has the proper name. The proper name of the file will be the default save folders name.
- If your folder has the proper name all we need to do now is restart the server.
- The server will start up and your save game will be applied to the server.