3.How to Rent a Game Server
Here, we will walk you through how to rent a server with Nitrado.
How to Rent a Game Server?
- We will start by Navigating to nitrado.net and logging in with our account.
- On the upper right hand corner, select your username and click "Order Service". Here you can select the service you want. Today, we will install a Gameserver for ARK Survival Evolved.
- Now we need to choose what type of server we will run on, Select "Publicserver."
"Public Server" is the most common and used server with Nitrado. It is perfect for games like ARK: SE and Empyrion Galactic Survival
- Here we first select the hosting location. You can choose one of our many hosting locations:
- Argentina (Buenos Aires)
- Germany (Frankfurt)
- Great Britain (London)
- Turkey (Istanbul)
- United States (Los Angeles, Miami, New York).
- Proceed to select the slot amount. This determines how many users can login simultaneously to the server at any given time. Some games, for example Rust, ARK and Battlefield have a minimum Slot amount. In the case of ARK Survival Evolved, this amount is 10.
- For Minecraft and Farming simulator, we have Performance upgrades. Since we are ordering an ARK Server we do not need to worry about upgrading.
- Now that we have chosen our Hosting Location and Slot amount, we select the rental period we want for the server. Nitrado is based on a prepaid system with a completely optional subscription feature detailed in another video. After the Rental Period is over, your server will go on Standby for 10 days. If you decide not to play anymore, the server will be deleted after this period. The standby period allows 10 days to renew the service if you wish to keep your configuration and savegames. There are no additional charges applied.
- Here you will see an overview of the service and the price in the selected Currency. Underneath, we can select our game from a list of over 100 games and modifications. This game can be changed in the future for Publicservers and is explained Here in our Game Switching Features and Dangers article.
- Below, In this small calendar we can select in which day the service will start and at what time. If you want the server right away, leave it as default.
Note: Please be sure to confirm that this is information is correct. Once you select "Order Now" the transaction will be final. Once the server is ordered, we just need to wait a few minutes for it to be online. The service will be applied to your account and the game will then be installed accordingly.